Overcomers Ministries is a teaching ministry with a special emphasis on spiritual warfare and prayer. With a belief that “understanding” is vitally important to spiritual growth ("My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" Hos 4:6), the ministry endeavors to make plain the powerful truths of God’s Word, especially in these two areas.
The ministry is a non-sectarian and cross-denominational, finding favor with a variety of churches. Most of the teaching is conducted in a seminar format over a period of about eight hours. Students generally receive note pages in order to follow the instruction carefully. Currently, the ministry offers five seminars. The
ministry is based in Ventura, CA, where we have lived for over 27 years. The Beesons have four grown children, a daughter-in-law, two sons-in-law and six grandkids.
Ray and Linda are both, originally, from the Tacoma, WA area, where they met and were married just over 42 years ago. They lived in the Tri Cities area in Washington state for the first 8 years of their marriage where Ray was a public school teacher. They would then move to California to join Dick Eastman and the prayer ministry that he was involved in. That soon lead to joining with World Literature Crusade as a Change the World School of Prayer instructor.
Much of Ray's introduction to a prayer ministry was born at that time, leading to the present ministry with an emphasis on prayer and spiritual warfare.
Today, Ray travels full time across the United States, presenting seminars to various churches.
Ray Beeson founded Overcomers Ministries in 1983 with four other men whose vision and passion helped set the pace for the future, these men went on to serve as Board Members for many years.
Today, Ray and Linda live in Ventura, CA and have lived there for over 32 years.
Overcomers Ministries Adheres to the Following Basic Beliefs:
1. That God is the Creator and has created everything in existence, both physical and spiritual.
2. That God exists in triune form including the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—all unique and at the same time constituting but one God.
3. That Jesus Christ was born of a virgin; that He is fully God manifest in the flesh; that He and He alone is the only way to salvation; and that only He can forgive sin.
4. That salvation is based on the substitutionary work of Jesus on the cross; that He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again; and that currently He is seated at the right hand of the Father acting as Lawyer and Intercessor for His people.
5. That regeneration is only possible as the result of the Holy Spirit’s personal work within a believer.
6. That the Bible is God’s inspired Word for everything about the way we are to live in this life.
7. That Jesus is to be served not only as Savior, but Lord as well.
8. That the Bible ‘s teaching on a real heaven and a real hell is accurate.
9. That Jesus will return to earth someday in the future and that in the meantime we are to remain His faithful